The cost is $10 for current Above the Bar students, $15 for non- students.
NO checks are accepted as payment for Open Gym.
Open Gym is for ages 7-17.
Open gym time allows students the time and space to practice their skills or to just have fun in the gym. Although instructors will be present to ensure safety rules are followed, there will be no formal instruction, nor will they offer coaching advice or spot students.
Open Gym may also be used as a make-up for missed classes, and must be scheduled as such with the front desk prior to coming to the Open Gym.
Register by clicking on our Event Calendar Below, or Download our Above the Bar Gymnastics App on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Or scan the QR Code for a Link to the App----------->
New Students may register for Open Gym by clicking on the date in this event calendar:
Open Gym Rules
1. No food, gum, or beverage of any kind allowed in gym area.
2. Remove socks, shoes, loose clothing, and jewelry. NO pants with zippers or belt loops, no skirts. Hair must be tied back.
3. Parents please come in to drop off and sign your child. Please also come in to pick up your children. We insist on all children waiting inside for their rides. Please be prompt in picking your child up.
4. For Small Kids Play Gym, children under 6 years old must be accompanied in the gym by an adult. Adults are not allowed on the equipment at any time. Otherwise, parents are not allowed in the gymnastics area.
5. Respect the equipment and return it to its proper place when done using it.
6. Do not try new skills at open gym. Work on skills you know.
7. No throwing equipment or rough housing.
8. One person on the trampoline at a time (if it is open for use and supervised.)
9. To ensure a pleasant experience for all guests, we reserve the right to remove any guest who is exhibiting improper behavior (yelling/screaming/horseplay/fighting/bullying lack of respect for others, the coaches or the equipment, etc.)
10. Main floor should be used for cross tumbling. Obstacle courses and drill stations can be created on the Rec floor area. Any mats or equipment used must be returned to the place it was found. If a coach asks you to put equipment away, you should do so right away, when you are done using it.
11. Use of ropes are not allowed unless a coach is at the station and supervising. No swinging on the ropes.
12. Tell an instructor if you think you might be hurt.
13. You may only use the areas designated by the coaches. Failure to do so will result in your removal from the open gym.
14. All our coaches have the right to stop you from doing anything they think is unsafe.
15. No refunds will be given if you are unable to follow the rules.
TRAMPOLINE RULES: (If it is supervised and open.)
1. Use of the Trampoline MUST be supervised at all times. Do not go on the trampoline if there is no coach at the trampoline.
2. Only one person on the trampoline at a time.
3. Listen to directions. Make sure you understand what skill you are attempting.
4. No “Horse Play” or “Fooling Around.”
5. No bouncing or jumping off trampoline onto the floor.
6. Avoid bouncing too high. Stay in control. Use safety stop with knees bent.
7. DO NOT exceed your ability level. Ask an instructor if you want to try a new skill.
1. Use of the Pit must always be supervised. Do not go in the pit if there is no coach there.
2. Make sure pit is clear of all people and objects before entering.
3. Always land on feet, seat or back as if sitting in a chair.
4. NO head first entries. No “diving.”
5. Make sure area is properly fluffed.
6. DO NOT pick foam.
7. DO NOT land with straight legs. Land with legs bent and apart.
8. DO NOT bury yourself in the pit. Keep your head above the pit foam.
1. Hands must be on the bars at all times.
2. No hanging on the bars by only your knees.
3. No walking on the bars with just your feet.
4. Chalk must be used properly. Do not clap your hands in the chalk. Gently rub.